- IntroductionNorthgate U is a fun, classroom-style environment where adults learn and apply solid Biblical teaching & life skills. Take responsibility for your spiritual growth & take advantage of this great opportunity to...
· Develop a deeper, more intimate relationship with God
· Connect with other adults through shared experiences
· Find encouragement, support & accountability
· Engage in open conversation in a safe, nonjudgmental atmosphere
· Learn practical applications for daily Christian living
· Learn valuable life skills that help you succeed
The purpose of these programs is to help you structure your life, worldview and mission according to the unique plans God has for you.
All Northgate U classes and seminars fall into one of four tracks:
· Biblical Studies – gain a deeper knowledge of God’s Word
· Ministry Leadership – prepare to serve wherever God leads you
· Life – integrate Christian beliefs into your everyday life and find support for everyday challenges
· Theological Studies – learn to articulate what you believe & why
- OfferingsBiblical Studies
• Old Testament Survey
• New Testament Survey
• How to Read the Bible
• John’s Gospel & Letters
• NEXT – First Steps for New Believers
• The Journey
• Financial Peace University
• Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
• Marriage Series
• The Smart Step-Family
• Parenting Series
• Fresh Start – Divorce Care
• Introduction to Theology
• Bibliology and Hermeneutics
• Trinitarianism: How God Can Be One yet Three?
• Humanity and Sin
• Soteriology: the nature of salvation
• Ecclesiology and Eschatology: The Church through the ages
• Covenants of the Bible
• Christ in the Passover
• Comparative Religion Series
• Lead Like Jesus
• Servant Leadership
• Contagious Christianity
• Community Group Leader Seminars
- Current Classes
You’re ready to follow Christ - now what? If you are new or returning to faith in Christ, this is a great place to start. NEXT is a two week course that will acquaint you with basic understanding of the Christian faith and some things you need to know to get started in this new Journey of Faith. Spiritual growth and maturity is not simply a pursuit of information and knowledge, it’s about a change of heart and a transformed life! We focus equally on knowledge and practice.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER
By the end of this class you will:
Understand what it means to be a follower of Christ
Discover some tools necessary to establish positive
habits in your life.
Put into practice Spiritual Disciplines which will help grow you relationship with God
Understanding Eternal Life
Spiritual Formation – God’s Part & My Part
How God Grows Your Faith
Telling Your Story to Help Others
Cost: Free, includes light lunch
Time: Sundays • 1:30 - 3:00pm
June 22 & 29
Teachers: Pastor Ken Jensen or Dave McMurtry
Find out what it means to be a whole-hearted follower of Jesus Christ. Discover the real purpose of your life and your journey to fulfill that purpose. Northgate's Journey Workshops are fast-paced seminars designed to help you develop a lifestyle based on a foundational relationship with God, participation in the Church, meaningful life purpose and ministry to others.
What You’ll Discover
By the end of these classes our goal is that you will:
Understand what it means to live in a personal
Relationship with God.
Develop the Tools necessary to establish positive habits
in your new life.
Put into Practice the principles which will grow your
relationship with God into maturity
Embrace your Life-Purpose by recognizing how God
has uniquely created and gifted you.
Each workshop consists of two 90 minute sessions.
Workshop 1 • Exploring Your Spiritual Growth
Workshop 2• Exploring Your Spiritual Gifts and Purpose
Workshop 3 • Embracing Your Mission
Time: Sundays • 6:30 - 8:00pm September 14
Teachers: Lani Sinclair & Art Stine
“Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage is about helping couples get it right, get along, have fun, and achieve a successful marriage." The Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage seminar features 4 video sessions by Pastor Mark Gungor, who uses humor to inform and educate couples on how they can have a successful marriage.
Tale of Two Brains
In this comical and informative session Mark shows couples how many problems are the result of how Men and Women THINK about life. He shows how most struggles in marriage are not the result of a HEART problem, but a HEAD problem.
The #1 Key to Incredible Sex
In this session, Mark shows the importance of sex in marriage. While incredibly funny, Mark shows how the sexual messages of our culture are fundamentally flawed at best and destructive at worst. He then shows steps that couples can take to achieve a great and healthy sex life, ending with the #1 Key to Incredible Sex.
Why Does He/She Do That!?
Mark shows how to discover the true reason why your spouse does what he or she does. A great “stress reducer.”
How to Stay Married and NOT Kill Anybody
In this final session, Mark shows how to avoid building resentment in your marriage and the key to staying married for a life time.
Cost: $20.00 per person, includes Snacks and Lunch
Time: Friday, July 11, 7:00-10:00 pm
Saturday, July 12, 9:00am – 12:30 pm
Leaders: Ed and Diane Henry
This Leadership Encounter is a one-day action-packed workshop. Whether you seek a relevant and effective model for day-to-day leadership or want to learn more about leadership skills, you will be challenged like never before to look at Jesus in a new and life-changing way.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Identify how pride and/or fear affect your leadership.
• Establish goals using your personal vision and values statement.
• Use Jesus’ developmental model to help your team accomplish their goals.
• Identify each individual's next steps.
• Develop a customized leadership plan for each team member.
• Use “Heart, Head, Hands and Habits” to determine your own next steps for developing your leadership.
• Use Jesus as a practical role model.
• Your own personal barriers to effective leadership
• The Heart of a Servant Leader
• The Head of a Servant Leader
• The Hands of a Servant Leader
• The Habits of a Servant Leader
• Jesus-like Leadership.
Includes Continental Breakfast and Lunch
Time: Saturday • June 21
9:00am – 3:00pm
Teachers: Jeff Watson and Lani Sinclair